Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hello to everyone!!

I made it home finally!!! And it seems I hit the ground running. Des Moines was great!! Very nice people, great food. If I wasn't so happy with living in Minnesota I would move to Des Moines. I guess the mid west nice applies to more than Minnesota. My flight home was awful.  My 9:20 flight was delayed three times before it was canceled at 11pm at night. 26 people with no place to go. 4 were quite elderly and confused. About 8 of us decided to stick together and after much negotiating got rebooked for Duluth, a hotel for the night and 2 meal vouchers. We met for breakfast, shuttled to the airport and flew into Duluth where we waited another 90 minutes for our luggage. From there we were transported by Taxi (2 1992 Dodge Caravans) to Hibbing. It was -30 when we pulled into Hibbing airport at 3:30 Sunday afternoon. I had to work the next 5 days. It was a long week to say the least. 3 people had quit since I had left. My apologies for not blogging sooner. 

No comments: